Welcome to the 2022 Camps prayer space!
Thank you for taking the time to pray for our summer camps this year. Your prayerful support really does impact our young people’s experience at Camps. Please pray in any way you feel comfortable, the pointers below are just to guide you. We’d love it if at the end of your session you’d leave a message on the prayer wall below.
- Give thanks for the campers booked on – many of our camps are full, we’re so excited for all the young people coming to Camp this summer.
- For all of our Camp Leaders who put so much heart, time and energy into the camps.
- The enthusiasm, dedication and creativity of our volunteers in the Camps planning process, we couldn’t do it without them!
- For God’s wisdom in navigating the challenges of COVID, and enabling us to run residential camps again this year.
- For God’s protection over plans that have already been made
- For the Camps Leaders Community. Thank you for the gift of another as we support and encourage each other.
- Westbrook Adventure & Challenge – Give thanks for ‘a superb team’, and ‘great weather that enabled the activity programme to be fully realised’. There was a great atmosphere, and young people were all to hear bible teaching, with great engagement in the activities.
- M&M week 1 – Give thanks for the amazing team, lovely weather at the centre and happy campers enjoying the main sessions at camp. Please pray for the messages the young people hear over camp to sink in deeply, and for protection over their time away.
- For the amazing times had at Llanddwywe family camps 1 & 2, Llanddwywe Junior Camp, Nefyn A, B & C, Dorset Venture, Cranfield Junior Camp, & Studland Family Camp 1. More news coming soon!
- Spree Wales – “Spree totally surpassed my expectations. The kids and I had an amazing time. Great to catch up with people I’ve not spoken to for a long time and meet new people. The sessions were great. Activities were appreciated by all” Group Leader
- Spree Central – “There are not enough words to describe this weekend at Spree Central. A fab time with my church youth group, kayaking, climbing, and worshipping together. Watching our older young people flourish as service crew, catching up with old friends and meeting new ones too. Can’t wait til next year!” Group Leader
- Spree South West – back after a two-year break, a weekend full of fun, with over 1400 people on-site. Give thanks that around 200 young people responded to the gospel. Please pray for them as they return home and to school to remain confident in their response. And huge thanks for the volunteers and Leaders who worked tirelessly to make the event possible – pray for great rest and recovery!
- Spree in the Borders – “Give thanks for a fantastic time at Spree in the Borders. We were blessed with the weather, and groups enjoyed outdoor activities, teaching and games in a safe and friendly environment. We had a great time in the silent disco, colour run and campfire worship. For some it was their first residential since the pandemic, and for many it was their first youth residential ever. Groups had time to spend together reflecting on the theme of God With Us, and went away having made memories and taken fresh steps of faith.”
Reflect and pray
Feel free to take some more time to reflect and pray for our Camps through a Bible passage and short devotional prompt.
How to pray for our Camps
Adventure in 2022 is filled with excitement and expectation, and we look at the year ahead with renewed hope and expectation that God will move powerfully through the Camps this year. Please pray for:
- Volunteers at Camps – Pray for strength and energy for each volunteer as they so faithfully in many different ways. Give thanks for their sacrificial service.
- Pray for our young people with additional needs, that Camps would be a safe and exciting space for them.
- For wonderful relationships – Pray for great relationships between teams, and between the young people. As we come out of the pandemic these relationships can be so encouraging and healing, and we pray God would be present in all of them.
- For protection and hope as teams plan and prepare. Pray that we are guided by God in all of the decisions that are to be made.
Which Camps are happening now?
Download 2022 Camps programme: Colour or Black & White.
Our next Camps are:
- Nefyn C (6th – 13th August)
- Kalos Senior Camp (7th – 12th August)
- Llanddwywe Family Camp 3 (8th – 12th August)
- Studland Venture (8th – 4th August)
- Purbeck Venture (12th – 20th August)
- Nefyn D (14th – 20th August)
- South East Summer Camps – Children (10th – 13th August)
- Middle Park Adventure (14th – 18th August)
- Llanddwywe Family Camp 4 (14th – 18th August)
- South East Summer Camps – Youth (14- 19th August)
- Bethany Houseparty (15th – 22nd August)
- Nefyn E (20th – 27th August)
If you are volunteering at a Camp, we’d love to hear your prayer requests!