Welcome to the 2022 Camps prayer space!
Thank you for taking the time to pray for our summer camps this year. Your prayerful support really does impact our young people’s experience at Camps. Please pray in any way you feel comfortable, the pointers below are just to guide you. We’d love it if at the end of your session you’d leave a message on the prayer wall below.
- Give thanks for the campers booked on – many of our camps are full, we’re so excited for all the young people coming to Camp this summer.
- For all of our Camp Leaders who put so much heart, time and energy into the camps.
- The enthusiasm, dedication and creativity of our volunteers in the Camps planning process, we couldn’t do it without them!
- For God’s wisdom in navigating the challenges of COVID, and enabling us to run residential camps again this year.
- For God’s protection over plans that have already been made
- For the Camps Leaders Community. Thank you for the gift of another as we support and encourage each other.
- Spree South West – back after a two-year break, a weekend full of fun, with over 1400 people on-site. Give thanks that around 200 young people responded to the gospel. Please pray for them as they return home and to school to remain confident in their response. And huge thanks for the volunteers and Leaders who worked tirelessly to make the event possible – pray for great rest and recovery!
- Spree in the Borders was back again this year. The weekend was great fun and a great opportunity to connect with Groups again.
- Our fab Llanddwywe Volunteers who have been working hard testing tents for the upcoming camps!
- Whit Camp 70th Celebration: Give thanks for an awesome weekend full of celebrating all God has done over 70 years of running this Camp. Praise God for everyone who came along, those that organised it, fantastic weather and the Rudge family for their gracious hospitality.
- Easter Houseparties: That the House Parties were able to go ahead again post-COVID & for the many new girls attending this year. For the opportunity to build relationships and worship together again. (Click here to read about what happened.)
Reflect and pray
Feel free to take some more time to reflect and pray for our Camps through a Bible passage and short devotional prompt.
How to pray for our Camps
Adventure in 2022 is filled with excitement and expectation, and we look at the year ahead with renewed hope and expectation that God will move powerfully through the Camps this year. Please pray for:
- More volunteers and leaders at Camps – In particular for Westbrook adventure & challenge, Studland Venture Camp (which is now full!) & Nefyn (who need a Warden, musicians, tent leaders and cooks).
- Pray for our young people with additional needs, that Camps would be a safe and exciting space for them.
- For wonderful relationships – Pray for great relationships between teams, and between the young people. As we come out of the pandemic these relationships can be so encouraging and healing, and we pray God would be present in all of them.
- For protection and hope as teams plan and prepare after a time of being unable to run camps. Pray that we are guided by God in all of the decisions that are to be made.
Which Camps are happening now?
Download 2022 Camps programme: Colour or Black & White.
Our next Camps are
– Spree Central (1st – 3rd July)
– Spree Wales (8th – 10th July)
If you are volunteering at a Camp, we’d love to hear your prayer requests!