Update on Plans for 2021
18th February 2021
We are really sad to share that after careful consideration, our Spree programme will not run in its usual way in 2021 due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation. We recognise that this will not come as a surprise to many of you who have been to Spree before. An event to size of Spree requires months of planning and preparation and normally by now we’d be taking bookings, signing contracts with suppliers… and a whole lot more! Whilst we remain hopeful that by the summer things will be much better, the understandable amount of uncertainty means we cannot plan to deliver our Sprees in the way you know and love. We are deeply sorry about this and hope we can be back together in 2022.
We recognise that youth and children's leaders around the UK are doing an awesome job during this challenging season and at Urban Saints, we remain as committed as ever to supporting you. Therefore, we will be exploring alternatives to Spree. You’ll understand that we need a little more information to be available from the Government to make further planning possible. If you’d like to register to receive updates from us when our new plans are firmer, please click here.
A fully organised weekend where:
- There are activities galore, from dawn to dusk.
- You can bring your entire group (ok, those aged 8-18).
- The Christian faith is explained in a clear, engaging way in age-appropriate sessions, relevant for those from all backgrounds.
- There are opportunities for those aged 16-18 to join the service crew/helpers team (at most sites).
- Accessibility matters. We’ll work with you to try support the needs of your group, including financial support and practical adaptations.
- We look after you and your team because we know just how hard it is to take a group away (our leaders cafés are legendary!).
- There’s a range of accommodation and catering options. See below for details.